Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
- Why does an item appear on multiple levels of my results?
ANSWER: It's not uncommon for this type of testing to register on multiple levels. Your focus should be the items in red as these noted the highest level of intolerances.
- Why did items that you test for not appear in the report?
ANSWER: If an item we test for did not appear on your report, it means that our testing did not detect an intolerance to that item.
- Why are there items listed on my results that I’ve never eaten, drank or consumed in any way?
ANSWER: While you may not think that you've ever eaten a particular food it's possible that the protein found in that food item was used during the processing of another food item that you did eat.
- How does an item listed as an intolerance also be listed as a deficiency?
ANSWER: Our body can have an intolerance to something that its deficient in. Just because you need it doesn’t mean you have to tolerate it.
- My order is completed, but I didn't receive anything.
ANSWER: We do not send out testing kits. If you do not receive your form please email or call our testing facility.
info@modernallergymanagement / 850 741-9242 8AM – 4:30 CST.
- What can I do to ensure safe and timely delivery of my sample to your office?
ANSWER: Mail your sample with a tracking number, we do not send emails stating we have received your sample unless our testing facility is running behind and that is a rare occasion, however we have excellent customer care and you can give our office a call with any questions. (850) 741-9242.
- What is the difference between a food sensitivity, allergy or intolerance?
ANSWER: The main difference between an intolerance and an allergy is that an allergy will manifest itself almost immediately. Food intolerances, on the other hand, are not as easily detected. Depending on the individual, symptoms may arrive anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of days after consumption or contact. The symptoms of an intolerance can manifest in various ways. Allergies are usually life long also whereas most intolerances can be controlled by diet.
8. Does hair dyes, bleach, oil, or dirt, affect the results?
ANSWER: No. Outside contaminants do not affect the information stored int the hair.